Birthing from Within: Crossing the Threshold
September 20 @ 6:00 pm - September 22 @ 5:00 pm$497
Crossing the Threshold is Birthing From Within’s premier live retreat. It can be taken as a stand-alone enriching, nourishing, burnout-busting retreat, or as the gateway to BFW’s Childbirth Education and Doula certification programs. This retreat is for aspiring and seasoned birth professionals.
BFW believes that birth professionals can best serve their clients when they have done their own personal inquiry and transformation FIRST. In so doing, participants ensure that they aren’t bringing their own biases, judgements, stories, and assumptions with them when they interact with people during their own transformative journey.
We know that seasoned birth professionals are often tired, burnt out, and in need of both rejuvenation and personal nourishment. Thus we designed our programs to start with our signature in-person retreat, Crossing the Threshold. This two-and-a-half-day workshop will offer participants an opportunity to experience a profound paradigm shift and awakening… this isn’t your average birth professionals training! Participants will leave with a new understanding of the ancient maps: birth as a heroic journey, the labyrinth, storytelling, and more, that can guide the modern birth experience, therefore enabling them to see birth through a new lens.
The Crossing the Threshold retreat is followed by a four- module online mentoring course, which is designed to help integrate the deep personal work done during the retreat with the next step of our program. Participants in Crossing the Threshold retreats will have the option of moving on to one or more of our signature training and certification programs: Doula From Within™ or Mentoring from Within™. www.birthingfromwithin.com
- Hunger for a nourishing experience that will inspire and rejuvenate you on a personal and professional level.
- Want to revive the “why” of your professional path
- Wish to return to our collective roots, to the lineage of those who followed the ancient ways of being with people during birth.
- Dream of a less judgmental, less outcome-focused approach to birth, one that is open to all possibilities.
- Know it’s your turn to receive.
- Module 1: What is Mentoring? Why do we use Storytelling?
- Module 2: Birth as a Heroic Journey
- Module 3: How to use Solution-Focused Dialogue and Questioning to Motivate for Change (vs. Problem or Fear-based Discussions)
- Module 4: Archetypes of Birth 101